Text: Christine Matschke
Long ago, princes and aristocrats used to escort a select audience through their chambers to gaze at their private art collections and cabinets. A similar exclusive performance format that in contrast to the aristocratic tours is open for the public has now been created out of necessity at the HALLE Tanzbühne Berlin. In “meantime”, company director Toula Limnaios and her choreographic assistant Ute Pliestermann accompany groups of 22 members of the audience in different time windows through a danced course. At different stations in the garden, on the stage and in the foyer, six solos and a duet will cast a special light on the expressive qualities of the ensemble’s members. The collection of dance miniatures already began in April. Toula Limnaios, who had to cancel her premiere “broken mirror”, was eager to continue working and switched to individual rehearsals: “We had to change our whole way of thinking, and do only now see voids, also within the political situation. We can once again challenge ourselves,” she reports in a television interview. Additionally to “meantime”, the energetic choreographer continues to present her program online, for the time being until July 31, 2020.
- July/August 2020
- Wie werden künftig unsere Tanz- und Lebenslandschaften aussehen?
- Ein anderes Miteinander erspüren
- Sharing Ressources
- Konfetti zwischen Dielen
- Kachelkurs statt Körper in Kontakt
- Try Out New Beginnings
- Remaining Versatile
- "Wir müssen das Paradigma unserer Arbeit ändern"
- Half-Virtual And Half As Long
- "We Are Inextricably Linked"
- Glitz And Glamor Once Again
- "Wir lebten im Prekariat, jetzt leben wir im Elend"
- Screen And Sensuality
- Spin It!
- TANZNACHT BERLIN 2020. Age of Displacement
- Performing Arts Programm Berlin
- Senatsgeförderte Studionutzung