Open call for performers based in Berlin - Paid job opportunity
We will adapt the research, the encounters and the output to the current situation!
Application deadline extended until March 30, 2020
During 4 days in April and May we will collectively and creatively explore gestures and experiences which have been stored as body memories and in other sensory modalities. We will playfully question the notion of home and the emotions that are triggered by it. I wish to work with people of different ages and from diverse cultural backgrounds. The goal of our encounters is to develop a loosely connected series of movements, possibly with few spoken words, wich will be presented to the public in the beginning of June and additionally will be staged for a cinematographic recording. The work is part of a larger research for a new film.
- experience in sensorial and somatic bodywork
- interest in process oriented, collective and playful exploration
- open to share personal experiences
- good english skills
- available on four week days (4x4hours) in Mai and possibly in June (exact dates tbd)
- available for the performance and the filmic recording in June (exact dates tbd)
- application deadline on March 30
- casting in April
- provisional rehearsel dates: 6. / 7. May, 16./ 17. May (2pm-6pm), 28. / 29. May (3pm - 7pm)
- a short video or link to a previous work, participation, etc.
- pdf with your name, contact information and confirmation about your availability on the mentioned dates
- if needed we will organize a casting online or one-to-one mid/end of April
We will be meeting in a studio in Berlin-Wedding.
I’m Florine Leoni, a visual artist working mostly in the field of film, photography and installation. From January to June 2020 I’m artist-in-residence in Berlin which is offered by the city of Basel. My website gives you an insight in my projects: www.florineleoni.net
You can send your application to my e-mail: contactnoSpam@florineleoni.net
For questions and further information don’t hesitate to reach out.