The international dance and theater company Constanza Macras | Dorkypark, based in Berlin, is looking for a technical director as a freelancer for our Productions and Tours in 2023/2024. The employment period starts immediately / as soon as possible. The fee is based on the amount of hours as a freelancer.
Constanza Macras | DorkyPark produces on average 2-3 productions and special projects (symposia, lectures, etc.) per year and tours nationally and internationally for guest performances and festivals. Productions are developed mainly in Berlin, but also frequently abroad by invitation.
Among other responsibilities, this position includes the following tasks:
- Overall technical management and planning for the production (set design, lighting, costumes, props, sound and eﬀects).
- Assumption of duties and tasks as the person responsible for event equipment (communication and coordination with suppliers, technical crew, etc.)
- Coordination and supervision of the set-up and dismantling of stage and lighting equipment incl. supervision of technical staﬀ.
- close cooperation with the production management of DorkyPark
- Preparation of implementation and monitoring of all safety-relevant regulations
- Assessment of TechRiders/correspondence with production department and with partners/Venues.
- Planning of technical staﬀ for venues
- Taking care of equipment listings (sound, lighting, decor…)
- Coordination between the technical departments and the venues.
- Plans design for the diﬀerent venues in which we will present our shows
- Control and management of our own technical equipment
The following qualifications are required:
- Have a degree as a certified Bachelor Professional of Event Technology or similar.
- Ideally a qualification as a specialist in event, mainly in the theater sector
- Have professional experience appropriate to the position in the theatre field and in the realization of large events.
- Have a sound knowledge of the relevant regulations and a comprehensive technical understanding.
- Are self-reliant and able to work under pressure as well as solution-oriented and responsible in their actions.
- Have a high degree of artistic understanding.
- Have excellent communication and cooperation skills when working as part of a team.
- Are willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Friendly and open-minded towards our guests, partners and artists.
- Are service-oriented both internally and externally.
- Have a class B driving license (desirable).
- Communication with international artists
- A varied and interesting job
- Possibility of employment as a freelance after the production for the year 2023/24
- A creative, artistic, and interdisciplinary working environment
- A multicultural, committed, and supportive team
- Communication with international artists and institutions
Please send your application documents, including your salary expectations, in a PDF file by -mail to: officenoSpam@dorkypark.org.
We recruit regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender and sexual orientation, impairments or religious.